ORCHARD KNOLLS HOMEOWNERS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President: George Puddington V.P. Single Homes: Richard Schinner
V.P. Townhomes: Ali Rad Treasurer: Terence Chan Secretary: Karen Harris
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail: email@example.com
Members present: All
Members absent: None
- David Gardner (lawyer) has suggested that the Arch Guidelines letter maintain landscaping in accordance to the requirements. Another community has previously tried to restrict planting of trees, however no authority on declaration of landscaping was passed. Homeowners have the right to appeal rulings from guidelines.
- On the issue of the Arch restricting landscaping, the board decided to wait for ruling from the other Homeowners’ Association mentioned by David Gardner.
- According to the Arch guidelines security lights are allowed in both front and back of the house.
- Ali Rad asked whether it was alright for him to move the light post in front of his house from the middle of the bushes to a place more accessible. It was allowed but very expensive.
- Ali Rad also asked about recycling of color magazines. They have to be taken to the recycling center on the corner of Shady Grove and 355, they will not be picked up curbside.
- Richard Schinner has prepared an updated version of the Community Directory. It is incomplete. Letters will be passed to the residents for updates. Questions came up regarding names of the neighborhood children on the Internet. A place for community services will be offered on the letter such as babysitting, pet sitting, music lessons, tutoring and safe houses.
- Motion to drop neighborhood stores and vendors from the directory was carried. Important phone numbers will be verified with the new area codes.
- Starpower review: David Gardner has the updated agreement in his office. We are waiting to be filled in with data. Richard Schinner asked to have agreement expedited.