ORCHARD KNOLLS HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION
PRESIDENT, Richard Schinner-301-977-5196 or email@example.com
VP DETACHED HOMES, Karen Harris-301-670-0742 or firstname.lastname@example.org
VP TOWNHOMES, Eileen Solomon-301-330-2876 or email@example.com
TREASURER, Ail Rad-301-721-9569 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SECRETARY, Ken Frank-301-990-0050 or email@example.com
Beth Frank, Ken Frankís wife
- CALL TO ORDER
The regular monthly meeting of the Orchard Knolls Homeowners Association (hereinafter OKHA) was called to order at 7:30pm on May 14th by Richard Schinner, 2001 President.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF APRIL MEETING
A Motion was made, seconded and passed approving the Minutes of the April 9th OKHA Board Meeting.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Treasure Ali Rad will continue to find ways (and time) to put pertinent information and monthly minutes onto the web site www.orchardknolls.org.
- The parking problems in the Townhouse lot; some community members of adjacent garage homes continue to use parking spaces are for the sole use of non-garage homes and guests of those homes. Please be considerate of others: park excess vehicles, and those of your guests, in designated areas and on Blackberry Drive, NOT sidewalks. Enforcement, and potential towing of violations, will be undertaken.
- Thanks to President Rick Schinner for finalizing our OKHA Community Directory. Residents are asked to provide updated information at any time, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). As a reminder, comments, general community news, suggestions and yes, even compliments can be forwarded to any Board Member (see addresses above and the Directory).
- Representatives of the OKHA Board of Directors and the OKHA Architectural Committee and Board of Directors began semi-annual "reviews" of the community.
A "Walking Inspection" of the OKHA Townhomes was conducted on April 29, 2001 (the Detached Homes Inspection will made this Fall). The Board made the following notations for review and attention-specific addresses will be notified by mail but the Board asks that every resident (owner and/or tenant) help maintain our community.
Be observant of your own property and diligent about maintenance. Not only will "we" look better, but your property value will be maintained as well.
- Repair broken fences or remove them
- Repaint peeling paint
- Replace rotted railings
- Replace dead trees and remove weeds
- Cleanup yard areas, front and rear
Common Areas (Open Issues being considered)
- Sealing pavement cracks and reseal
- Replacing broken sidewalks and curbs (Reminder: no parking on sidewalk!)
- Sealing joints at curbs
- Re-Painting Gazebo
- Replacing dead bushes in parking areas
- Installing screening vegetation around transformers
- Wiring Townhome entry posts for traditional light fixtures with photo-cells
- Trimming trees back from streetlights and sidewalks
- Adding bark to Tot-Lots
- Weed and Feeding common area grass
- Adding more trees
- Adding park-benches
- The final section of water sprinkler installation at the entrance to our community was completed. OK residents are asked to be more aware of the wild cats that "visit or reside" in our community. Some are apparently breeding under decks and someone in the community is providing food and shelter for these animals which carry disease and potential problems for our personal pets.
IV. NEW BUSINESS
- Bob and David Angel of Potomac Nursery will be sent a letter regarding the use of an OKHA fire hydrant (the nurseryís well pump is out of order) and to again request they address the work they previously agreed to complete.
- Facilities Service Company, Inc. agreed to meet on 5/15/01 to review the maintenance of Orchard Knolls grounds and confirm boundaries of maintenance. Facilities Service Company, Inc. also agreed to be responsible for damage their mowers do to the sprinkler heads.
- The Board received another request, this time via a letter, to makes repairs, replace equipment and maintain the tot lots, repairs and maintenance are being scheduled.
- The Board received an email regarding a request for guidance regarding the installation of a handicapped access ramp to a property located on Cherry Blossom Place. The Board will ask the Architectural Review Committee to provide the homeowner with guidelines and input to facilitate the construction.
- The Board has been notified that the property to the East of our community that has been for sale is now under contract. The prospective owner of the parcel, next to the small tot lot and adjacent to the future "jug handle", wants to develop the land as a senior citizen/assisted living facility. The Board met with the Developer and our OKHA Attorney (David Gardner) to discuss questions and concerns. OK homeowners will be receiving detailed information and copies of the letters our attorney will be sending to the
The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held at Board Member and VP of townhomes, Eileen Solomonís residence (15714 Cherry Blossom Lane) on Monday, June 11th at 7:30pm. All property owners are welcome to attend any OKHA Board of Directors Meeting. Your input, via telephone, letter or email is always welcome as well.
There being no further business, the Board Meeting adjourned at 9pm