ORCHARD KNOLLS HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION
PRESIDENT, Richard Schinner - 301-977-5196 or firstname.lastname@example.org
VP TOWNHOMES, Eileen Solomon - 301-330-2876 or email@example.com
SECRETARY, Ken Frank - 301-990-0050 or firstname.lastname@example.org
VP DETACHED HOMES, Karen Harris - 301-670-0742 or email@example.com
TREASURER, Ail Rad-301 - 721-9569 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob and David Angel of Potomac Nursery
I. CALL TO ORDER
The regular monthly meeting of the Orchard Knolls Homeowners Association (hereinafter OKHA) was called to order at 7:30pm on March 12th by Richard Schinner, 2001 President.
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF FEBRUARY MEETING
A Motion was made, seconded and passed to approve the Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of February 12, 2001.
III. OLD BUSINESS
1. Treasure Ali Rad will continue to find ways (and time) to put pertinent information and monthly minutes onto the web site www.orchardknolls.org.
2. The parking problems in the Townhouse lot; apparently some community members of adjacent garage homes are unaware of the OKHA rules that these parking spaces are for the sole use of non-garage homes and guests of those homes. Everyone is asked to please be considerate of others, and to park excess vehicles, and those of your guests, on Blackberry Drive. Recommendation made to begin more rigorous enforcement, and potential towing, if the problem persists.
3. A survey will be distributed throughout the community to gather information to update our OKHA Community Directory. Residents are asked to provide current information; especially email addresses.
4. The Board again discussed the trash problem in our community. The Board recognized that part of the problem is that our facilities management company does no maintenance in winter months. Since the receptacles are permanently install, the Board will investigate some alternatives including retrofitting the receptacles to be able to remove them during the winter, covering the receptacles during the winter, or having our trash removal contractor empty them on a regular basis at some nominal cost.
5. Property owners are reminded that the Architectural Committee and Board of Directors will begin semi-annual “reviews” of the community by conducting a “Walking Inspection” to be held the two Sundays per year we change our clocks for Daylight Saving Time. The first “Walking Inspection” will be held on Sunday, April 1st at 4pm. Any property owner is invited to join in; we will meet at 15630 Blackberry Drive (last house on the left when leaving our community).
6. The two-year contract between OKHA and Facility Services, Inc. has been executed. The contract includes: General Clean-Up, Mowing, Edging, Aerating, Turf Fertilization, Herbicides, Pest Management, Mulching, Weed Control, Leaf Removal and Entry Bed Plantings. The contract also includes language-allowing OKHA to end the Agreement with 30 days notice.
7. The Board approved the final section of water sprinkler installation at the entrance to our community; work should be completed within 30 days.
IV. NEW BUSINESS
1. Bob and David Angel of Potomac Nursery shared information regarding:
§ The history of the nursery and their overall business plan,
§ The removal of a structure on their property (“DeeDee’s Diner),
§ Their plans for piping the drainage ditch, refurbishing the structure near Darnestown Road, additional retail operations on their property, and the eventual fencing of their property from our community
§ The Nursery also asked for our help and cooperation with two problems; vandalism by area youth and the growing population of wild cats in the area. The Board joins with the Nursery to ask that we all be more aware of activities in our community. To be more observant, to ask visitors if you can be of assistance, etc. With regard to the wild cats, residents with personal pets, especially cats, are asked to make sure your pet has a collar and are not allowed free access around our community.
2. The Board received an email regarding a request for guidance regarding the installation of a handicapped access ramp to a property located on Cherry Blossom Place. The Board will ask the Architectural Review Committee to provide the homeowner with guidelines and input to facilitate the construction.
3. The Board has been notified that the property to the East of our community that has been for sale is now under contract. The parcel, next to the small tot lot and adjacent to the future “jug handle”, will apparently be developed as a senior citizen and/or assisted living facility. The Board will arrange a meeting with the Developer, their attorney, and the OKHA Attorney to discuss questions and concerns.
The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held at Secretary Frank’s residence (15630 Blackberry Drive) on Monday, April 9th at 7:30pm. All property owners are welcome to attend any OKHA Board of Directors Meeting. Your input, via telephone, letter or email is always welcome as well.
There being no further business, the Board Meeting adjourned at 9pm