ORCHARD KNOLLS HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION
PRESIDENT, Richard Schinner-301-977-5196 or firstname.lastname@example.org
VP DETACHED HOMES, we still need a representative
VP TOWNHOMES, Eileen Solomon-301-330-2876 or email@example.com
TREASURER, Ali Rad-301-721-9569 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SECRETARY, Ken Frank-301-990-0050 or email@example.com
AT-LARGE MEMBER, Mohammed Homaitabar-301-318-8446 or firstname.lastname@example.org
I. CALL TO ORDER
The regular monthly meeting of the Orchard Knolls Homeowners Association (hereinafter OKHA) was called to order at 7:30pm on January 14, 2002 by Richard Schinner, President.
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
A Motion was made, seconded and passed approving the Minutes of the December OKHA Board Meeting.
III. OLD BUSINESS
1. OKHA information and monthly minutes are on our web site www.orchardknolls.org.
2. Landscape RFP being finalized and reviewed for distribution to landscape firms for the maintenance contract of our community. The Board hopes to have the RFP distributed by the end of this month.
3. Trash collection occurs on Mondays and Thursdays (around 10am). Please do not put out trash any earlier than the evening before, the morning of is even better to avoid problems with dogs, birds, deer and other wildlife strewing debris about. Also, keep your garage door closed whenever possible; it reduces the potential of any vandalism or theft.
4. The OKHA Annual Meeting and Dessert is scheduled for Monday, February 11th at Quince Orchard High School beginning at 7:30pm. OK owners and/or residents are encouraged to bring their favorite dessert to share although the Board will also provide dessert and drinks so do not feel obligated to bring something. Your participation is the most important thing! This is a great opportunity to get to know all your OK neighbors and keep up with Association activities! Basic Annual Meeting topics and updates will include the Budget, the Route 28 improvements, the Senior Citizens complex, the Potomac Nursery, our Architectural Review Committee, upcoming Community Yard Sale, and so forth. Your letters and emails are welcome for consideration of additional topics!
5. The Annual OKHA Yard Sale will take place this spring, to coordinate with the Annual Church Sale just East of OK on Route 28. OKHA residents are encouraged to place items in your driveway for sale. The Board hopes the Yard Sale itself will be successful, but will also limit the number of individual yard/garage sales, which create some traffic and visual headaches on a number of weekends.
6. An update on the Shed Constructed in rear of an OKHA townhouse property continued. The OKHA attorney sent a letter to the homeowner focusing on the issue of the size and location of the shed, and the precedent it may set rather than on the procedural question regarding the approval process. The Board has received a number of complaints about the size, location and permanency of the shed, which led to more discussion. The Board again discussed some of the changes that had been made previously in the ARC review process and will consider additional recommendations to be made at the OKHA Annual Meeting. Although the Board received confirmation from MC that the construction itself was not in violation of code, the Board is consulting with legal counsel to determine appropriate next steps.
7. The Budget Review Process has been finalized. The Board made no changes in the assessments for 2002 and the budget will be presented at our Annual Meeting on February 11th.
IV. NEW BUSINESS
8. The Board has retained the firm of Ahlberg & Company; CPAs to complete the OKHA audit.
The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held as our Annual Meeting on Monday, February 11th at 730pm at Quince Orchard High School. All property owners and residents are welcome to attend. Your input, via telephone, letter or email is always welcome as well.
There being no further business, the Board Meeting adjourned at 9pm.